NSI1000 – 1K CMOS Image Sensor Chip
The NSI1000 imager is the low-cost solution of Newsight Imaging family of machine vision sensors. Based on the NSI3100, it was designed for applications such as Robotics LiDAR and AR/VR, which do not require the full resolution of the NSI31000. The sensor is composed of 256 rows x 1200 tall pixels, which are analog binned to form an ultra-high sensitive matrix. The NSI1000 supports programmable frame rates; Multiline Triangulation; Automatic exposure control to avoid saturation from close objects and enhance sensitivity to distant objects; Automatic peak detection for Triangulation and per-frame configuration to allow on-the-fly reactions to events.
The sensor is manufactured in CMOS technology, with extremely high sensitivity pixels. The high sensitivity allows the sensor to replace more expensive CCD sensors in many applications.
PIXEL OUTPUT INTERFACES
Parallel, configurable, synchronous output; Serial, synchronous, peak value and index.
SERIAL CONFIG INTERFACES
I²C and Proprietary I/F.
NSI1000EVB EVALUATION BOARD
- Matrix of 256 x 1200 tall pixels (4μm x 8μm)
- Effective resolution of 128 lines x 1200 Ultra-High sensitive pixel array (by analog binning)
- Integrated configurable direct A/D converter with parallel 8-15 bits of digital output
- Per-frame configuration and scenario scheduler
- Optional automatic exposure control
- Optional automatic Triangulation peak detection per each line
- Solid state eTOF support (Enhanced Time of Flight)
- Multiline Triangulation support, up to 256 concurrent vertical points (using a line laser)
- Integrated Bandgap reference
- Integrated CDS for fixed-pattern noise reduction
- Output speed/ internal processing at up to 100 MHz
- Programmable frame rate up to 40,000 fps
- Optional shut down of frame clock (between frames) for less power consumption
- Optional frame data out inversion
- Double buffer mode for high frame rate
- Ambient light subtraction support
- Continuous or single frame capture modes
- On-chip test mode capabilities, including external input to A/D
- Tristate on data out pins for multiple parallel sensor connections
- Single Power Supply 3.3 Volts
- Sensitivity: 75V/lux-sec
- Power consumption: 58mW
- Package: Organic Substrate 5mm x 4mm