NSI3100 is an advanced CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) image sensor chip for LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) applications used in ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) and in autonomous driving vehicles.
The sensor is optimized for Newsight’s eTOF (Enhanced Time-of-Flight), which bridges the gap between short-distance iTOF and the long distance requirement of the automotive industry by extending the dynamic range while retaining high accuracy.
The NSI3100 sensor offers extremely high sensitivity pixels, enabling the replacement of expensive CCD (charge-coupled device) sensors in many applications.
The NSI3100 is designed for programmable high frame rate speeds, allowing better analysis and reaction to events.
NSI3100 is specifically designed for LiDAR applications, using 8 rows of 2048 pixels made of 4 rows of 4µm x 8µm pixels and 4 rows of 4µm x 4µm pixels. The large pixels provide high sensitivity while the small pixels can provide a fine signal with effective resolution of 8192 with low power dissipation and compact size.
- eTOF support Support both iTOF and eTOF for long range 3D QE adjusted to near IR wavelength Over 100 meters support
- Pixel output interface Parallel Synchronous output, configurable
- Serial interface I2c + proprietary
- Operating modes Normal CDS mode Ambient light subtraction Pixel column compatibility Power Down, Sleep and Test modes
- Mini features Supports one shot “start” frame Allows selection of positive or negative output
- Eight Rows: 4 rows of tall pixels (4×8 micron) and 4 rows of square pixels (4×4 micron)
- Virtual 1×8192 resolution, high sensitivity (effective 16×8 size pixels by analog binning)
- Integrated configurable 8-12 bit direct A/D with parallel 10-12 bit digital output
- Integrated Bandgap Reference
- Output speeds to 80 MHz
- Integrated CDS for fixed pattern noise reduction
- Ambient Light Subtraction
- Multiple Readout modes
- Independent row readout
- Binning of different rows
- Double buffer mode for high frame rate
- Programmable frame rate up to 40,000 fps
- Onboard Test Mode capabilities, including External Input to A/D
- Single Power Supply 3.3 Volts
- Sensitivity: 75V/lux-sec
- Power consumption: 40mW @ 7.5MHz
- Package: 40pin LCC